Sunday, April 24, 2016

Deep Listening in Silence - http://www.kyllikineuman.com/blog/

Konrad Mägi, Meditation (Landscape with A Woman) 1915/16
Deep Listening in Silence

Our daily life is filled with news and information arriving from all directions. Yet, recently I have encountered the situations where facts and cognitive approaches are not helpful, bringing even more confusion into my decision making process.

My solution has been to slow down and take time to be with myself in silence. Sometimes it means sitting and “doing nothing”, sometimes it is a walk on the beach. When I am able to quiet the thinking mind and make space to unknown to surface, the right answer to my question surfaces gracefully. There are times when the response might come through unexpected phone call or email. Few times, the answer “popped out” from a book that I opened and once, it was written, larger than life, on a billboard above the freeway.

And even when the response does not come, I feel calmer and more balanced.

Which answers in you are wanting to reveal themselves to you?
Which bright ideas are germinating in you, waiting for silence to make space for them to surface?

Lao Tzu said:

Colors blind the eye.
Sounds deafen the ear.
Flavors numb the taste.
Thoughts weaken the mind.

The Master observes the world
But trusts his inner vision.
He allows things to come and go.

His heart is open as the sky.

No comments:

Post a Comment